READERS TODAY - LEADERS TOMORROW
Kiwanis Club is partnering with area schools and after school programs to distribute books for Roanoke's kids AND provide reading buddies.
If you like a book and want a "reading buddy" from the Readers Today - Leaders Tomorrow - visit our page in the menu above or
-OR- YOU CAN ACCESS ANY OF THE FEATURED BOOKS BELOW BY SIMPLY CLICKING ON THE BOOK COVER!
26th Annual KIWANIS PANCAKE AND AUCTION DAY! SATURDAY MAY 8, 2021
7:00a - 1:00p BERGLUND CENTER
SPONSERED BY HALEY TOTOTA AND SERVPRO
TICKETS ARE NOW AVAILABLE ON LINE
"BUY" THE ROANOKE STAR!!
FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THE KPAD SILENT AND LIVE AUCTIONS - CLICK HERE!!!
Roanoke Kiwanis Invites Public To Attend Our Weekly Virtual Club Meetings
The Roanoke Kiwanis Club invites the public to attend our now virtual weekly Club meetings. Attendance is free of charge, with no-obligation, and does not require providing any personal information whatsoever. We have been serving the Roanoke community for 100 years, are one of the largest and most active Kiwanis Clubs in the world, and would be delighted to provide an hour of civic engagement to all who are interested. Community service is what we do, and what we continue to do during a pandemic. Our membership includes civic, nonprofit, and corporate leaders, as well as motivated area residents. Each Club meets addresses Club business and includes a noteworthy speaker.
To view the Kiwanis Virtual Meeting Invitation video (1 minute), click: HERE!
ZOOM Virtual Meetings - Every Wednesday at 12:00P
(logon as early as 11:30)
Next meeting date: May 12, 2021
Next week's program:
VIRGINIA WESTERN COMMUNITY COLLEGE - ROBERT SANDEL
Meeting link, click here:→
Meeting ID: 878 2953 0483
One tap mobile +16465588656,
Dial by your location if you prefer to call in: +1 646 558 8656 US (East)
Meeting ID: 878 2953 0483
Future meeting dates: MAY 12, MAY 19, MAY 26
KIWANIS DISTRICT CONVENTION ROANOKE PREVIEW
AUGUST 20-22, 2021
JUST RELEASED FEB 2021- NEW VIDEO!
See the latest Kiwanis District Convention Roanoke Preview.
CLICK HERE! (2.0 minutes)
Missed the original (September 2020) Kiwanis District Roanoke Convention Preview? It's still here below!
CLICK HERE! (3.0 minutes)
At a meeting of the Kiwanis Club of Roanoke board of directors this afternoon, the following items were presented and approved:
- Based upon public health recommendations relating to the Coronavirus (COVID-19), weekly meetings will be suspended for the next seven Wednesdays (March 18 through April 29);
- Club billing will be adjusted as follows: Full members will receive meal credits for the seven canceled Wednesday meetings on their bills going out this week; senior and spousal members will continue to be billed only for meetings attended during the previous quarter. Quarterly dues ($50) will remain the same for everyone.
President Cheri acknowledged the cooperation of our caterer, Amy Carter, and her staff as well as Charter Hall in working with us to make this arrangement feasible. She also thanked Vice President (and program chair) Clark Goodman and his team of monthly and weekly program coordinators in notifying speakers of the interruption of our program schedule.
Other upcoming club activities have been altered as follows:
- Kiwanis Pancake and Auction Day (KPAD), originally set for May 9, has been moved to September 19. Chairman Mike McEvoy will address his team of sub-committee chairs as to necessary adjustments in a forthcoming email.
- Our Mill Mountain Theatre club social scheduled for next Thursday, March 26, has been canceled.
- Clean Valley Day, originally set for April 4, has been postponed until May 16 – and remains subject to government clearance.
- The Blue Ridge Marathon, scheduled for April 18, is still on – but volunteers are asked to be alert for emails regarding possible changes.
- The Playground Groundbreaking, scheduled for April 24, has been canceled.
- Kids Fishing Day, scheduled for April 25, has been canceled.
- The academic scholarship committee continues its evaluation of applications and sponsorship recruitment but will be encouraged to conduct as much of its work as possible via phone, email and virtual meetings, including applicant interviews.
Kiwanis Capital District Governor David Lurie has written a memo regarding the Coronovirus that is attached for your perusal. Obviously, the pandemic is of primary concern throughout our region, the district, and internationally as well.
President Cheri has encouraged the board to extend regular contact to our members via phone and email during this period.
Please do not hesitate to contact either Cheri or myself if you have any questions or concerns that have not been sufficiently addressed.
Watch your inbox for important message regarding upcoming Kiwanis Club of Roanoke news – including participation in Roanoke Valley Gives Day this Wednesday, March 18.
Thank you for your continued commitment to our club. Be safe — and keep in touch.